Cres tower

Cres tower

Cres Tower was built at the beginning of the 16th century. Situated at the highest point of ramparts, it served as an observation pos. With the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797, the defensive ring of the city was torn down & only this defensive tower was retained, as well as the town gate at today’s promenade.