Travelling through time | 17th century
- The beginning of fashion in Zagreb started with a thin layer of the high society. The finest sewing materials were available in Zagreb, but the first custom-made clothing store was not open until the end of the 18th century (by Macedonian refugee Ćiril Milošević).
- The store was located in the present Radićeva street, which leads from the Jelačić square (main square) to the Upper town through the small shrine called The Stone Gate.
- In the last few years, Radićeva street in particular developed into the fashionable and artistic street. There are more and more interesting stores where you can find unique pieces made by Croatian most famous designers, as well as galleries and souvenirs shops selling reputated Croatian painters' and designer's artwork.
- We especially love souvenirs shops Kredenca & Kavalir shop.
- Kredenca with their extra-kind & adorable staff offering you a free tasting of all the delicacies from their offer. Every product is carefully selected and all made in Croatia by small manufactures – from typical delicacies and drinks to natural cosmetics and accessories.
- Kavalir shop founded and built by two friends enthusiastic to change the dull and uninteresting souvenir shop market, bringing in freshness and ingenuity. They are very proud to hold some of the finest Croatian small manufactures, mostly handmade and unique.